CFNM Village Discussion Forum

The Forum Where "CFNM" Originated
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:55 am 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Thanks, feel free to move it.

I presume an 4TB external drive can be hooked up to a lap top and then easily moved to a desk computer when necessary? Is this true?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:04 am 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

cfnmdude wrote:
Thanks, feel free to move it.

I presume an 4TB external drive can be hooked up to a lap top and then easily moved to a desk computer when necessary? Is this true?

yes, it's why you have an external hard drive. by using it, you can sync all your computers, laptops, notepads, etc. When you connect a computer to it using Goodsync, Goodsync will go through all your files and update them to a newer version, or if you want, delete old files. It quickly makes a carbon copy of the computer with which you are syncing. You can also select files/folders to ignore during the syncing. This is good if you, say, have a small notepad with limited storage and only want work-related documents or perhaps the music folder synced.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:46 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

I started with a 2.29 GB file with 25 minutes of footage. I took out 15 minutes of this footage (a complete waste of footage--I got dressed and stopped in a bar for a quick drink), thus reducing the file to 10 minutes. True to form, the new file is strangely large, right around the original 2.29 GB even though 15 minutes (more than 50%) of footage is now excluded.

Clearly, I'm adding something to the footage that is taking up massive space....

I've tried goggling this problem but I can't seem to locate any info about it online.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:41 pm 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

cfnmdude wrote:
I started with a 2.29 GB file with 25 minutes of footage. I took out 15 minutes of this footage (a complete waste of footage--I got dressed and stopped in a bar for a quick drink), thus reducing the file to 10 minutes. True to form, the new file is strangely large, right around the original 2.29 GB even though 15 minutes (more than 50%) of footage is now excluded.

Clearly, I'm adding something to the footage that is taking up massive space....

I've tried goggling this problem but I can't seem to locate any info about it online.

In Windows/PC, if your right click on the video file, then, look at "Details", you'll see specific information including frame width/height and bitrate. Bit rate affects both file size and quality.

Rather than explain how that increases file size, this guy does a great job:
https://youtu.be/QOn-9anLFxA

also, good explanation:
https://youtu.be/5HdzBgFFy2s

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:48 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Awesome links, thanks. For some reason, I can't access the bitrate of my files when I right click or when I open in Quicktime. I will try again tomorrow on a different computer.

I'm thinking that bitrate is indeed the culprit. The VSDC video player gives me the option of a normal bitrate or a high quality one. I always select the high quality one. I may be adding bitrate to the file, which would explain the increase in file size. I'll know more tomorrow. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:51 am 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

cfnmdude wrote:
Awesome links, thanks. For some reason, I can't access the bitrate of my files when I right click or when I open in Quicktime. I will try again tomorrow on a different computer.

I'm thinking that bitrate is indeed the culprit. The VSDC video player gives me the option of a normal bitrate or a high quality one. I always select the high quality one. I may be adding bitrate to the file, which would explain the increase in file size. I'll know more tomorrow. Thanks again!

Quicktime is an Apple product, so it's probably why a Windows (Microsoft) product may not be able to see the information. Again, AVS can convert anything to anything.

As I understand it, there are essentially three ways a video takes up space.

1. Frame size (i.e. 1920 X 1080 vs. 1280 X 720)
2. Frame rate (i.e. 30 frames/sec vs. 60 frames/sec)
3. Bit rate

If the original, raw footage is, say, 1280 X 720, increasing the frame size just makes it bigger on the screen without increasing resolution. The view can do this themselves by simply controlling the size of the screen of their media player; thus, don't increase frame size in your video editor as it unnecessarily takes ups space.

2. Frame rate is the fluidity (smoothness) of the video. Same thing applies - if you've recorded at 30 frames a second, increasing the frame rate will not make a better quality video.

3. Bit rate is how much information is flowing. It's like a series of paintings in sequence. If each painting (frame) is highly detailed, then a higher bit rate is warranted to convey the detail of each frame. However, if each painting (frame) is maxed out at a certain resolution, increasing the bit rate does not increase quality, it only increases the amount of hard disk space.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:53 pm 
Village Legend
Village Legend

Just a couple of things I have learnt through experience. You are best to buy 2 drives! Hard drives can fail and that could be an end of the world type thing. I have 3 1TB drives and rotate them with a backup every month (in rotation). I then keep one drive hidden in the car (house might burn down).
I have also paid $1.59 a month for 100GB of online google drive to save all my photos.

This might be extreme backup but I've lost files on hard drives which failed, including a bunch of photo-shoots of my wife pre kids in her late 20's which I have lost forever and which give me nightmares of the day it (the drive) died on me. I spent $100 on trying to salvage it but it was kaput, the reader arm had come loose and scratched the disk heads to hell.

Morale of the story....... 1 backup is NEVER enough. I have 3 but 2 would suffice. Remember that this stuff is irreplaceable!

Make sure you get a Seagate, Toshiba or Samsung drive as they have the highest manufacturing standards.Ensure it's USB 3.0, USB Powered and only requires one USB port (some use 2 ports, one for power, one for transfer of data).

DTR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:17 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Brad wrote:
cfnmdude wrote:

Quicktime is an Apple product, so it's probably why a Windows (Microsoft) product may not be able to see the information. Again, AVS can convert anything to anything.

As I understand it, there are essentially three ways a video takes up space.

1. Frame size (i.e. 1920 X 1080 vs. 1280 X 720)
2. Frame rate (i.e. 30 frames/sec vs. 60 frames/sec)
3. Bit rate

If the original, raw footage is, say, 1280 X 720, increasing the frame size just makes it bigger on the screen without increasing resolution. The view can do this themselves by simply controlling the size of the screen of their media player; thus, don't increase frame size in your video editor as it unnecessarily takes ups space.

2. Frame rate is the fluidity (smoothness) of the video. Same thing applies - if you've recorded at 30 frames a second, increasing the frame rate will not make a better quality video.

3. Bit rate is how much information is flowing. It's like a series of paintings in sequence. If each painting (frame) is highly detailed, then a higher bit rate is warranted to convey the detail of each frame. However, if each painting (frame) is maxed out at a certain resolution, increasing the bit rate does not increase quality, it only increases the amount of hard disk space.

You da man, Brad! Thanks for figuring this out for me. The Bit Rate is the culprit. I looked at my files on another computer, and I discovered that they were 720p (I already knew that), 60 frames rate (I already knew that), and a Bit Rate of 128 (I didn't know that at all). My VSDC player is set to 720p with a 60 frames rate, and so I knew both factors were not increasing GB. VSDC offers three Bit Rate options: high quality at 224 kbps, normal quality at 192 kbps, and low quality at 128 kbps. I always use the high quality and thus I'm adding Bit Rate to files that contain 128 Bit Rate.

I edited the video again, taking out the same amount of footage. This time, I saved the shorter video at the normal bit rate of 192 and and the GB decreased!!! Based on what you say above, I should probably use the 128 Bit Rate since my videos use that Bit Rate, and a better bit rate does not improve quality. I'll know that for the future.

I'm a little disappointed to learn that my hidden camera takes low quality bit rate. I went out of my way to ensure 720p and, more importantly, 60 frames per second verses 30, but I never knew anything about bit rate. For me, the Frame per second is crucial. At 30 frames per second, slow motion gets too blurry and you miss out on reactions & elevator eyes. At 60 frames per second, slow motion is much clearer and you capture the girl's eyes.

Issue resolved. Thanks again. For the sake of organization, I'm still going to purchase an external hard drive and save and organize my material on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:24 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

DaveTheRave wrote:
Just a couple of things I have learnt through experience. You are best to buy 2 drives! Hard drives can fail and that could be an end of the world type thing.
DTR

Once I move my material to the external hard drive, I will have a ton of empty flash drives. I plan to save some of my better files on flash drive. That way, if something catastrophic happens to the external hard drive, I will have backup copies of my best CFNM reaction material.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:33 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Frame rate for NTSC DVD players (used in the USA) is slightly less than 30 frames per second and PAL players (generally used outside the USA) is 25 FPS. Since movies look okay at 25 FPS, coding at anything higher is just using file space unnecessarily unless you are shooting some very unusual situations. Thus using 60 FPS unnecessarily increases the file size. Maybe it has some use if you are shooting on a fast moving bike down a mountain side.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:08 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The History of Frame Rate for Film shows a great insight as to where these numbers come from and why they are used.

Anything above 24 fps satisfies the human flicker fusion frequency for persistence of vision resulting in a smooth "moving" image.
( The NTSC is actually about 29.97 frames per sec developed to allow the introduction of the color signal into the existing broadcast band without creating audio distortions in the process.)

Bit rates and frame rates though also need to take into account visual artifacts, equipment standards, compatability issues (interconversions) and ultimately the imperfect "human eye"

Important for James Cameron shooting an avant garde major film, but
not likely for a Bay to Breakers "glasses cam" voyeur who wants to post a few freebies.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:37 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

dh92014 wrote:
Frame rate for NTSC DVD players (used in the USA) is slightly less than 30 frames per second and PAL players (generally used outside the USA) is 25 FPS. Since movies look okay at 25 FPS, coding at anything higher is just using file space unnecessarily unless you are shooting some very unusual situations. Thus using 60 FPS unnecessarily increases the file size. Maybe it has some use if you are shooting on a fast moving bike down a mountain side.

Just from personal experience, I've recorded CFNM reactions with 720p at 60 frames per second. I have also recorded with 1080p at 30 frames per second. While I prefer 1080p over 720p, there is a noticeable difference in quality between 60 frames per second and 30 frames per second. I have public nudity videos that prove this. I would always choose the 60 frames per second over 30 frames even if I'm forced to use 720p rather than 1080p.

In other words, 720p together with 60 frames per second is better than (at least for my purposes) 1080p together with 30 frames per second.

The different speeds (or frames per second) is most noticeable when you watch your recorded material in slow motion. When you walk around a public nudity event, with your neck/face moving to and fro, and your targets (clothed chicks) moving too, you will sometimes capture blurry footage. There are many instances, I'm sure Arbex can relate to this as well, where you record some hot dick reaction only to watch it later and realize the reaction is too blurry to fully enjoy. From personal experience, this problem is more likely to occur with a recording device that captures 30 frames per second. At 60 frames per second, the problem is noticeably minimized. Maybe this isn't the case when you work with top of the line Hollywood cameras, but when you're working with the kinds of cameras we use to capture dick reactions, there is a noticeable difference.

A few years back I had my spy sunglasses specially made by a company in China. Apart from requesting a quality lens, I requested 720p together with 60 frames per second. I had already tested out and compared such specifications to a 1080p, 30 frames per second recording device. I have used both devices, sometimes at the same public nudity event, and the 30 frames per second is more likely to fail (that is, capture blurry footage) than the 60 frames recording device.

The bit rate is something new to me. I still don't fully understand its impact, but at least I'm now aware of bit rate and can research it whenever I purchase new recording devices.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:45 am 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Something else worth noting. The bit rate setting (low, normal, high) does matter in terms of quality when running a video through a video editor.

I ran a brief public nudity video through my VSDC player (where attractive girls approached me for a pic). In the first one, I set the bit rate to low quality. I then ran the same exact video through my VSDC player setting the bit rate to high quality.

I made two videocaps to demonstrate. The first videocap is low quality bit rate; the second is high quality bit rate. You may need to save both videocaps and move back-and-forth in order to see the difference in quality.

LOW

High

(Compare the girl's face on the left in both pics to see the difference)

My take: anytime you run a video through a video editor and then save the new video, you lose quality. By setting the bit rate as high as possible, you lose less quality than lower bit rate. Of course, increased bit rate will also create a larger file as I discovered above.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:11 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

In a PM, Arbex sent me some tips on how to blur out a portion of your video -- someone's face for example.

Quote:
There is software that makes it MUCH easier by doing all of that for you. It is called “motion tracking” and is a feature available on some free and commercial video editing software. Basically you just draw a box around the object you want to blur out. After that the software can automatically move the blur to follow the object. I’ve only done it this way a couple of times on some very dark video which caused the software to have a problem following things. But even then it was far easier than doing it manually. This 2 minute youtube vid shows and example using commercial (meaning cost money) software.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbdMTdrYT5k

A Google search for something like: “free video editing software with motion tracking” Should turn up some free programs.

This program is one that works on my Windows 7 machine.

https://www.blender.org/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:54 am 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

cfnmdude wrote:
In a PM, Arbex sent me some tips on how to blur out a portion of your video -- someone's face for example.

Quote:
There is software that makes it MUCH easier by doing all of that for you. It is called “motion tracking” and is a feature available on some free and commercial video editing software. Basically you just draw a box around the object you want to blur out. After that the software can automatically move the blur to follow the object. I’ve only done it this way a couple of times on some very dark video which caused the software to have a problem following things. But even then it was far easier than doing it manually. This 2 minute youtube vid shows and example using commercial (meaning cost money) software.

A Google search for something like: “free video editing software with motion tracking” Should turn up some free programs.

One of the problems of videotaping when moving is that the camera moves as well. I've tried carrying various types of cameras as it allows one to videotape much better subjects than just sitting their motionless hoping something exciting happens.

The problem is this - no matter how smooth you think you're holding the camera, upon playback, it looks like you're riding in an off-road vehicle bouncing about. The subject is jumping back and forth on the screen making the footage virtually worthless outside of screen captures. It's why I've posted far more screen captures than footage in my clothing-optional beach posts.

Is there a motion tracking video editor wherein one can focus upon a stationary point in the video then the video editor compensates by moving the frames to coincide with that point? ergo, you set the point to, say, a small bush way off in the distance that is motionless, then, the video editor repositions each video frame to keep that same point in the same spot? Doing so would thus eliminate the motion issues wherein the landscape/background would remain motionless.

I don't know if it is out there, but if so, would sure like to find it. It would allow me to use a much higher quality camera than the go-pro types, which are fine for up close video, but such if the subjects are more than about 10 feet away.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:48 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Brad wrote:
cfnmdude wrote:

Quote:

One of the problems of videotaping when moving is that the camera moves as well. I've tried carrying various types of cameras as it allows one to videotape much better subjects than just sitting their motionless hoping something exciting happens.

The problem is this - no matter how smooth you think you're holding the camera, upon playback, it looks like you're riding in an off-road vehicle bouncing about. The subject is jumping back and forth on the screen making the footage virtually worthless outside of screen captures. It's why I've posted far more screen captures than footage in my clothing-optional beach posts.

Is there a motion tracking video editor wherein one can focus upon a stationary point in the video then the video editor compensates by moving the frames to coincide with that point? ergo, you set the point to, say, a small bush way off in the distance that is motionless, then, the video editor repositions each video frame to keep that same point in the same spot? Doing so would thus eliminate the motion issues wherein the landscape/background would remain motionless.

I don't know if it is out there, but if so, would sure like to find it. It would allow me to use a much higher quality camera than the go-pro types, which are fine for up close video, but such if the subjects are more than about 10 feet away.

I have the same problem. I’ve always had shaky hand when holding a camera, add to that shivering from the cold morning weather at the Bay to Breakers, and some of the video I shot was just unwatchable. Fortunately there are solutions to that, and I was able to save shots that I thought were useless.

I’m trying to teach myself more about video editing, and have been investigating different software when times allows. Some software has a pretty steep learning curve and is very complicated, some are simple. While I haven’t progressed far enough to recommend much in the line of specific software or provide tutorials, I can give a little help. The feature you are looking for is called “Stabilization.” There are at least two methods of doing this with software. But first, check your camera settings. Some cameras have stabilization built in, where the camera tries to reduce any shaking while you are shooting the video.

If you’ve already shot the video, or it is still shaky even with the camera’s built in stabilization, then there are software programs that can help. This 4 minute YouTube video give a quick explanation of how the various methods work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgAdeuxkUyY

The first method is point stabilization. It is similar to motion tracking, where you select a point or a small area of the video and tell the software to follow the movement. This works well if you are standing still and pointing the camera in one direction. But if you are moving around or panning the camera across the crowd it will cause problems. You would want to make sure the area you select is part of the background, for example a building and not a person. If you were to select the person and they walked away, the software would think the camera is moving and try to keep the person steady.

The other method analyzes every (or most) of the pixels in the entire image and tries to figure out how they are moving in relation to each other. This works well of you are moving the camera. For example I shot some very shaky video while shivering in the starting coral of the B2B, where I was panning the camera from right to left to get a 180 degree view. In this case there would not be any good points to track using the first method because they would eventually move out of frame as I turned the camera.

Both of these methods have a few down sides. No matter which one you choose, the software stabilizes by moving the entire video up, down, left, right, or rotates it, in order to keep things steady. This means that part of the video will move out of frame and leave black “bars” where there is no video. To remove the black areas, the software will zoom in (or enlarge the video) to make sure it fills the entire frame, and that will reduce the quality a little bit. The shakier the video is, the more the software will have to move and zoom it, so the amount of quality you lose depends on how badly it shakes. Also, some of the methods and introduce artifacts such as slanting or a slight ripple effect. However, the time I have stabilized my video, the artifacts and loss of quality were far better than that shaking was, so it did improve the video dramatically.

Probably the easiest way to stabilize your video is to use YouTube itself. I haven’t actually tried it, but when you upload a video to YouTube, it can recognize that the video is shaky and will popup and option asking you if you want to stabilize it. If you don’t want the video to be seen, you can upload it as a private video, then after it has been stabilized and you have downloaded it, delete it from YouTube. The Down side is, I don’t know what other changes YouTube might make in terms of quality, frame rate etc. I don’t know what method it uses, but a little Google searching found a video demonstrating how it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcwE9g1-Fr8

The free Video Blender program, mention in the above quote above, seems to use the point, or motion tracking method of stabilization. I haven’t actually used this program myself. So far all I have done is install it and poke around a little. It seems like a very complex program, and the video tutorial I found demonstrating its stabilization seems very complicated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpIXqAepfxY

So far, I have only used one program to stabilize my videos. I likes the results, and the software is easy to operate, but difficult to set up the first time. The program is called VirtualDub and it is free. But setting it up was tricky and probably not for the timid. You need to download and install a free “filter” called Deshaker 3.0. Also the program is really made to work only with AVI files. So if you are using MOV as most cameras seem too, you also need to install extra Codecs to handle them. But once you get it set up, you simply open your video, select the shaker filter, run it through an analysis pass, and then render pass. It uses the second method, which analyzes the entire video, so there is no need to select any points to track, and it works well when the camera is in motion. I have uploaded a short side by side example of a shaky video I converted using this program. The left side is the unedited, shaky video I shot, and the right side is after I used VirtualDub with the Deshaker filter. https://youtu.be/0wOT0_r7OBs

Lastly, one handy free program I use is called MediaInfo. You can download it here: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo This program installs in Windows Context Popup menu. Simply select your video, right-click and select MediaInfo from the menu. A window will appear giving you all kinds of information about the video file. Size, frame rate, encoder, and much more. This information can be very handy when selecting rendering options for whatever software you are using to edit your videos.

My best advice would be to either use Youtube, the simplest option, or to search Google for software that offers stabilization. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:42 am 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Quote:
I have uploaded a short side by side example of a shaky video I converted using this program. The left side is the unedited, shaky video I shot, and the right side is after I used VirtualDub with the Deshaker filter.
https://youtu.be/0wOT0_r7OBs

That is an amazing difference. I once tried using the stability feature on YouTube and was dissatisfied with the result. I don't remember why. The upgrade/difference wasn't as noticeable as your example.

I guess there is no fix for blurry footage. With blurry footage, the capture simply isn't there at the outset and thus can't be recovered.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:08 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

cfnmdude wrote:
Quote:
I have uploaded a short side by side example of a shaky video I converted using this program. The left side is the unedited, shaky video I shot, and the right side is after I used VirtualDub with the Deshaker filter.
https://youtu.be/0wOT0_r7OBs

That is an amazing difference. I once tried using the stability feature on YouTube and was dissatisfied with the result. I don't remember why. The upgrade/difference wasn't as noticeable as your example.

I guess there is no fix for blurry footage. With blurry footage, the capture simply isn't there at the outset and thus can't be recovered.

My video was horrible. It was very cold that morning and I didn't realize how much my hands were shaking until I saw the video. I was about to delete a lot of those clips, but instead searched the net to see of there was anything I could do to fix it. That is how I found the program I used, VirtualDub and the Deshaker filter. I'm still looking for a better program, but haven't had much time to play around with them and experiment. You can see that the stabilized vid is zoomed in a little, and of less quality, but at least it is watchable instead of deleteable! 8-) I shot a lot of shaky clips that day, so I'm glad I was able to salvage them.

I don't think you can do too much about blurry video for the reason you mention, the data just isn't there. Some video editors have sharpness filters you can run the video through. This might make it look slightly better, as it enhances edges where there is high contrast, but it will also add what look like tiny specs (looks a bit like static on a TV screen). There may be other things you can do to try and enhance it, but I don't know of any.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:10 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Another consideration will be depth of field / autofocus issues which can result in "blur"

If the camera/lens system is auto-focussing on things which move into / out of frame,
they will distort the image depending upon where your depth of field ( "aperture" ) is set.
This will be mostly independent of physical "shakes" and image stabilization issues, but will still result in blurring.

arbexrub your solution shows a great improvement in images.
Thanks for sharing !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:28 am 
Citizen
Citizen

I have posted here before that the VSDC program is the video editing program that I like best and that there is a freeware version available from the program's creator. Others have said here they use that program too. There is a website that offers free versions of programs that normally cost money. That is done to promote the programs. Today they are offering the "Pro" version of VSDC for free. I looked at it and it has several options that the freeware version does not. So I downloaded and installed the "Pro" version. The link for that is https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-vsdc ... 0-discount . The offer is only available today.