CFNM Village Discussion Forum

The Forum Where "CFNM" Originated
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:19 pm 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

Any information about the annual Burning Man event in Northern Nevada. Directions, logistics, climate, reviews, ratings, warnings, discussions and experiences intended to provide potential travelers with information as to what can be expected and when they should go.

History:

Burning Man is an annual gathering that takes place at Black Rock City—a temporary community erected in the Black Rock Desert in northern Nevada, about 300 miles north of Reno . The event is described as an experiment in community and art, influenced by 10 main principles, including "radical" inclusion, self-reliance and self-expression, as well as community cooperation, gifting and decommodification, and leaving no trace. First held in 1986 on Baker Beach in San Francisco as a small function organized by Larry Harvey and a group of friends, it has since been held annually, spanning from the last Sunday in August to the first Monday in September (the U.S. Labor Day).

Brad's Review: The crowd is younger, averaging in the 20s, although attendees there can range from children to the elderly. Complete full nudity is allowable anywhere at anytime, and to get the point across, the folks at the front gate taking tickets sometimes include a completely naked man, which I believe is a way of announcing to those entering that nudity is not only tolerated, but part of the culture. My personal experience is that although one might see full nudity every day and at any place, it is not as common as websites tend to lead people to believe. Doing a quick head count while I was there, probably 5% of the women would go topless, and about 1/10th of 1% of all the women could be seen completely naked. For the men, less than 1% would be routinely walking about naked, and although far and few in between, there were by far a lot more naked men than women.

Of course, this changes during the "Critical Tits Parade", wherein many of the females ride their bicycles topless and some even nude. The men eventually orchestrated their won "Critical Dicks Parade".

Conclusion: For the guy that wants to experience full CFNM surrounded by many clothed, young and often attractive females, this is a great opportunity. Because full nudity in front of others is "officially" one of the recognized experiences one can have, you will not be judged or insulted for it, and because you'll stand out, you will probably get approached at some time by females wanting you to participate in some kind of artsy activity or gathering. If some of the young ladies like what they see, they may say "right on" or "cool" when they see you nude walking down the road, but I never heard anyone say anything critical about it.

My advice is that given the popularity of this event, and, the limited tickets, it is now more important than ever to a) decide early if you are going, and if so b) get your tickets early because in recent years, they had to adopt a lottery when tickets became scarce. If you are going to experience CFNM, I found that it can be quite exhilarating to get naked and walk the roads between encampments naked meeting everyone you can.

References:

Burning Man Official Site
Wikipedia: Burning Man

CFNM Images:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Critical Dicks Parade - (annual scheduled march of naked men swinging their dicks):

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:32 pm 
I would like to add that you need to be fully, and I mean fully, informed. For the first person in your group plan on $1,000. That's after you get to Reno. Bring everything you'll need with you, from Reno, it's your last real and affordable chance. Fill up your gas tank every chance you get. If you have 3/4 of a tank and you see a gas station, fill up. Don't violate traffic laws. Don't pee on the playa. The wind can get really nasty and you might spend all that money just to spend a week digging sand out of your eyes. Lastly, it's the desert folks and it gets hot. 2 litres of water per day per person. That's minimum. Okay, post lastly, read everything on their website. Then read it again. 2 liters per person per day.

After reading the above maybe you'll understand why I've never lived more than four or five hours away, frequently closer, and I've never been. There's no end of opportunities to get naked around here however the ladies do it too if that is a turn off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:17 pm 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

Eric wrote:
I would like to add that you need to be fully, and I mean fully, informed. For the first person in your group plan on $1,000. That's after you get to Reno. Bring everything you'll need with you, from Reno, it's your last real and affordable chance. Fill up your gas tank every chance you get. If you have 3/4 of a tank and you see a gas station, fill up. Don't violate traffic laws. Don't pee on the playa. The wind can get really nasty and you might spend all that money just to spend a week digging sand out of your eyes. Lastly, it's the desert folks and it gets hot. 2 litres of water per day per person. That's minimum. Okay, post lastly, read everything on their website. Then read it again. 2 liters per person per day.

After reading the above maybe you'll understand why I've never lived more than four or five hours away, frequently closer, and I've never been. There's no end of opportunities to get naked around here however the ladies do it too if that is a turn off.

So to be clear, you've never been to BM, yet you have all this advice?

My experience there was different in several significant ways than what you describe. The gasoline issue, yes, you're spot on - not many stations between Sparks and the playa, so fill up (I drove an RV). I took more water than I needed, and ended up trading it (you can't pay for anything other than coffee or ice, or, to have your RV filled with water by the water truck). I never had sand in my eyes, but did get dusty. In all, it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:17 am 
Brad wrote:
Eric wrote:

My experience there was different in several significant ways than what you describe. The gasoline issue, yes, you're spot on - not many stations between Sparks and the playa, so fill up (I drove an RV). I took more water than I needed, and ended up trading it (you can't pay for anything other than coffee or ice, or, to have your RV filled with water by the water truck). I never had sand in my eyes, but did get dusty. In all, it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life.

I don't have to be castrated to know that I don't want to do it. I know lots of people who have been there and who go every year they can and that's why I have never gone. ( I once had an opportunity to go for just the cost of my personal ticket and turned it down.) I know people whose entire expensive experience was ruined by wind and dust, the conditions can and do vary year by year. Everything I mentioned in my post has caused other people problems, that's why I mentioned it. I'm not saying don't go,, I'm trying to help people be aware of what they are getting themselves into. Did you miss the part where I said read their website twice? Yes you can have a hell of a lot of fun but your fun is more assured if you know what you're getting yourself into. Some people spend $10,000 to go there and do it every year so there must be something.

Interesting that you say my description differed in several significant ways from your experience then you go on to agree with virtually everything I said. You were trading water to people because they didn't bring enough, ( You ever saved anybody's ass because they're out of water? ) I had the gas thing right, You lucked out and only got dusty. How much time have you spent in a desert? I'm trying to save people some grief and I get bitched at for it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:26 am 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

Eric wrote:
Brad wrote:
Eric wrote:

I don't have to be castrated to know that I don't want to do it. I know lots of people who have been there and who go every year they can and that's why I have never gone. ( I once had an opportunity to go for just the cost of my personal ticket and turned it down.) I know people whose entire expensive experience was ruined by wind and dust, the conditions can and do vary year by year. Everything I mentioned in my post has caused other people problems, that's why I mentioned it. I'm not saying don't go,, I'm trying to help people be aware of what they are getting themselves into. Did you miss the part where I said read their website twice? Yes you can have a hell of a lot of fun but your fun is more assured if you know what you're getting yourself into. Some people spend $10,000 to go there and do it every year so there must be something.

Interesting that you say my description differed in several significant ways from your experience then you go on to agree with virtually everything I said. You were trading water to people because they didn't bring enough, ( You ever saved anybody's ass because they're out of water? ) I had the gas thing right, You lucked out and only got dusty. How much time have you spent in a desert? I'm trying to save people some grief and I get bitched at for it.

The issue I have with your post is an issue that is so goddamned prevalent in the world today. People that have no experience in something yet get an undeserved strong opinion based upon hearsay, what their favorite television political spin personality says, or, chatting with others that also lack experience. It's no different than an anti-vaxxer who has the medical knowledge of a second grader shouting down an immunologist with 30 years experience because their extremely limited understanding contradicts someone else. It's the people that promulgate fake news because they're too lazy to get a broader set of opinions.

This is not a harmless phenomena. Philosophies based on ignorance, lack of education and listening to a president that shared those qualities led to our nations capital being attacked on January 6th this year.

YOU have never been to Burning Man, but have self-appointed yourself an expert arguing with someone who HAS been, and trust me, for every person you've talked to that went, I've talked to 100. If you want to cite a source and a link to someone with actual first-hand experience. Fine. If you want to relay experiences of others that have been and link that review (i.e. Yelp, etc). Fine. But your opinion of Burning Man has no more value than anyone else on this forum - it's just that you're the kind of guy that likes to shout others down, even though they're better educated and have more experience, just because you selfishly feel your opinion is more important.

Sit down Skippy, as this will be a shock. It's not.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:16 am 
Brad wrote:
Eric wrote:
Brad wrote:
Eric wrote:

The issue I have with your post is an issue that is so goddamned prevalent in the world today. People that have no experience in something yet get an undeserved strong opinion based upon hearsay, what their favorite television political spin personality says, or, chatting with others that also lack experience. It's no different than an anti-vaxxer who has the medical knowledge of a second grader shouting down an immunologist with 30 years experience because their extremely limited understanding contradicts someone else. It's the people that promulgate fake news because they're too lazy to get a broader set of opinions.

This is not a harmless phenomena. Philosophies based on ignorance, lack of education and listening to a president that shared those qualities led to our nations capital being attacked on January 6th this year.

YOU have never been to Burning Man, but have self-appointed yourself an expert arguing with someone who HAS been, and trust me, for every person you've talked to that went, I've talked to 100. If you want to cite a source and a link to someone with actual first-hand experience. Fine. If you want to relay experiences of others that have been and link that review (i.e. Yelp, etc). Fine. But your opinion of Burning Man has no more value than anyone else on this forum - it's just that you're the kind of guy that likes to shout others down, even though they're better educated and have more experience, just because you selfishly feel your opinion is more important.

Sit down Skippy, as this will be a shock. It's not.

Okay ego freak, have it your way.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:29 am 
Village Legend
Village Legend

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye!
DTR :lol:

Just as an FYI. I've never been also. Sand is not something I have any love of. It took 'training' to be able to visit sand beaches and not lose my shit. But it's not even on my radar.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:54 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DaveTheRave wrote:

Now now Dave, you really need to learn not to be so harsh on people less fortunate than yourself :lol: :shock:

When I post in normal colored text I am posting as a member and will debate any points I make as an equal.
When I use green text I'm moderating. If you wish to debate this, use PM. I recommend you do not challenge my green text in open forum

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:50 am 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

DaveTheRave wrote:

Just as an FYI. I've never been also. Sand is not something I have any love of. It took 'training' to be able to visit sand beaches and not lose my shit. But it's not even on my radar.

Actually, the part where he mentioned you'd have to "spend a week digging sand out of your eyes" just demonstrates more stupidity of having a strong opinion about something you've never experienced nor have any education about. There's NO sand at Black Rock - he's confused...sand is at the beach, which is hundreds of miles away (I thought about posting a map of the country with arrows, but it would have been too complicated for him to have grasped).

The Black Rock Playa is an ancient lake bed. During the wet season, the little rain it gets makes it muddy. During the summer, that mud dries to a hard and flat compacted surface. It is so flat that land speed records are made there.

At Black Rock, in 1997, ThrustSSC driven by Andy Green became the world's first, and so far, the only supersonic car, reaching 763.035 mph (1,227.986 km/h).

The playa does get dusty though, but that's during certain seasonal winds that *sometimes* happens. It never happened when I've been there. But for those reading this, if you have sensitive eyes - don't worry. A splash of water will clean any dust off your face and eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:08 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Looks like Burning Man is up and running for 2022...

https://journal.burningman.org/2021/10/ ... ng-dreams/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:38 am 
Village Legend
Village Legend

Brad wrote:
DaveTheRave wrote:
The playa does get dusty though, but that's during certain seasonal winds that *sometimes* happens. It never happened when I've been there. But for those reading this, if you have sensitive eyes - don't worry. A splash of water will clean any dust off your face and eyes.

I have seen many photos where people have a white 'dust' caked up their lower legs. I have also seen pics of peoplewearing goggles, so that makes sense. Is it not a mix of dried mud, 'sea' salt and dried decomposed vegetation/fish?

D the R

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:15 pm 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

DaveTheRave wrote:
Brad wrote:
DaveTheRave wrote:

I have seen many photos where people have a white 'dust' caked up their lower legs. I have also seen pics of peoplewearing goggles, so that makes sense. Is it not a mix of dried mud, 'sea' salt and dried decomposed vegetation/fish?

D the R

No. That's an inaccurate description.

The Black Rock playa was formed by the prehistoric Lahontan Lake, a fresh water lake which dried up about 15,000 years ago. What remains is a flat, hard ancient dry lakebed. There is no "sea" salt, although salt is a natural part of any similar desert playa - i.e. Death Valley, Bonneville Salt Flats, etc. There is no dried decomposed vegetation/fish as that disintegrated prior to the earliest arrival of humans about 10,000 BC.

The dust storms can be a problem, but it depends upon the year. The times I've been there there was no dust storms. Just a powdery dust on the floor of my rented RV that I had to clean prior to returning it (I had a shower in my RV - very nice in that environment). Just go prepared for it.

The playa gets an average of 7.9 inches of rain/year. Odds are you won't experience any precipitation as it's a desert. But then, there's always the possibility.

The biggest uncomfortableness at BM isn't the dust on the playa, the heat (unless you're one of the folks sleeping on the desert floor in a sleeping bag), or anything else in the environment. It is the loud partying that goes on each night until about 7:00 a.m. - well after the sun is up. Kids bring loud speakers and amp them up, particularly at about 4:00 a.m., and they're everywhere throughout Burning Man all night long. You can't escape that loud noise. The other problem is that god-awful techno music that plays nonstop...the kind that basically is made using computer programs, is synthetic, and is in a constant loop - and they all sound identical. No music composed by true artists or vocalists that have learned to play instruments, but then, that's the new age - instruments take too much work to learn.

I had earplugs and wore a sleeping mask, but it's still tough to get sleep. The most quiet time at BM is from about 8:00 a.m. to about 3:00 p.m., which is when everyone seems to be sleeping. It's actually nice to walk around the city then and absorb the mellow and quiet ambience. But things begin to pick up again at about 6:00 p.m., and by dusk, it's back to an incredible loud and hyper-energetic scene.

Regardless, standing on the playa at night and looking out at the thousands of lights of the "tent city", the many illuminated art objects and animatronics, light shows and spectacular events is something one cannot describe - it can only be experienced. It is why people fly in from countries all over Europe, Asia, Russia, the UK and elsewhere for the experience. It should be on everyone's bucket list.

It's also something I advise folks on this site about...if you go expecting to look at nekkid girls or experience CFNM, well, you'll certainly have some of that, but it quells in comparison to just going a little further west to the many clothing-optional beaches on the west coast. But that's not why anyone should go.

Burning Man is an experience unlike any other, and going solely to have an erotic experience with nudity distracts from the great opportunity of going.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:59 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Looks like this years BM got hit with heavy rains...

https://news.yahoo.com/burning-man-atte ... _test=0_00

Also recall seeing an article about protesters blocking the road and police drawing guns a few days back.