CFNM Village Discussion Forum

The Forum Where "CFNM" Originated
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:21 am 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

This topic thread is for those with knowledge/experience about various technological matters dealing with a plethora of video, photo and graphic technologies we use to present content. It is also a place for folks to get help on technological matters. The following subject matter, which is not all-inclusive, should be posted in this topic:

• Video editing: Recommended video editors, site uploading suggestion and tech help
  • Photo image editing: Photoshop, resizing images, other suggested software used with pictures
  • Graphics: Graphic image creation, programs & apps for artwork, cartoons, etc.
  • GIFs: suggestions and help on making and hosting GIFs to be displayed in topics
  • Websites: Suggestions about improving this website, CMS, FTP issues, etc.
  • Documents for sharing content: .PDFs, etc.
  • ....And, anything of a technical matter that does not already have a dedicated topic thread.

We are particularly interested in free online sites and services, and, open source (free) software and programs our members can use; however, suggestions about any/all programs, apps and sources are welcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please note - already dedicated technology threads are here (click on link):

* BBCodes; Image Loading; Posting Tricks and Features
* About this Forum's Theme and Style
* Approved Video/Photo File Sharing Hosts

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:11 am 
Village Resident
Village Resident

Now I didn't click the link because I already had the video but I also doubt that it was a site spreading viruses. I might be wrong, but I assume that you simply hit the wrong download button which caused you to download something you didn't wanted.

for example here are 2 screenshots of tpb, one with adblocker and the other one without an adblocker

as you can see with a adblocker it's pretty clean and it's easy to spot the download button

but this is what the same site looks like without a adblocker

there are suddenly several other fake download buttons. I am not going to test it but I am sure that they will lead to some shady bullshit that could harm your computer.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:50 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

h20 wrote:
Now I didn't click the link because I already had the video but I also doubt that it was a site spreading viruses. I might be wrong, but I assume that you simply hit the wrong download button which caused you to download something you didn't wanted.

there are suddenly several other fake download buttons. I am not going to test it but I am sure that they will lead to some shady bullshit that could harm your computer.

Yeah, h20, that's what happens for lots of folks - they click on the wrong thing and get directed to dialers and malicious software installations.

Thanks for providing members with easy-to-follow instructions on what to avoid!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:10 am 
Citizen
Citizen

I am copying below the info I posted on another topic since this new topic is now the more appropriate:

For video editing I prefer Windows Movie Maker 6.0 over the newer Windows Live Movie Maker. The latter removed the ability to display and edit on a timeline which I find an easier way to do it that what the latest program does.

Actually I use some other freeware video editors that I like better though:
1. Xmedia Recode - nice for changing the formats, resolution, etc.
2. VSDC Free Video Editor - has the ability to merge in an additional sound track. Most others do not. Can zoom in within a user defined "workarea" of the video. Can adjust the brightness in a "workarea". Documentation is not very helpful but look for some YouTube videos that users have posted on how to use it.
3. Video to Video Converter - nice for separating multiple clips from a video into files

I mainly use VSDC now but it is a bit difficult at times to figure out how to do what you want with VSDC. I think Windows Movie Maker 6.0 is the easiest video editor to use. However on my computer the input video must be .wmv or .gif format and it will not write .mp4 format which is what my TV likes to play. So I have to use Freemake to convert other video formats to .wmv for the program to read or to convert its output .wmv file format to mp4.

The Microsoft download for their Movie Maker programs is:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... r-download
They list the 6.0 version as "for Vista" but I use it on Win7. I see now that the Microsoft site only discusses the 6.0 version and does not have a download for it. But a Google search shows other sites that do have downloads for it.

Freemake Video converter is freeware which converts almost any video or audio format to another format including pulling the audio from a video and saving it as an audio file.

A Google search will give you links to downloads for all the above. Many download sites will also try to download some adware programs so during the download setup process watch for any optional boxes that you can uncheck to not get the adware.

Most of the video editors can adjust for poor lighting. Look for the adjustment of "Video Brightness". You also might want to adjust the contrast after you adjust the brightness. If the lighting is very dark, the best you will be able to do is to get a bright but washed out version. Another fellow remarked on the other post that via the editors you can also change the gamma or exposure of the video to modify "too dark" or "too light" problems.

Post subject: Mac OSX Preview app
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:11 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Excellent new topic Brad and great first contribution to it, dh92014.

It seems most folks here may be on WinDoze systems :mrgreen: so by sheer numbers, most of the posts may likely refer to that platform.

As a Mac guy I have a quick 'n easy photo resizing tip for Mac OSX users.

The PREVIEW app included with the installed operating system ( ergo free ! ) has multiple quick tools for resizing, flipping, rotating, cropping and color management. It will open and save in most common formats, keeps the copy on your hard drive so it may be included directly into a post as an attachment, OR could be uploaded to a hosting site. It will also import directly from a scanner, a screenshot (from your screen or a website image) or other editing programs.

Just an easy FYI if you are not into dedicated editing software.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:58 am 
Citizen
Citizen

For Windoze computer users the Irfanview program is freeware that can do almost anything you want to do with photo files including resizing, rotating, cropping, color management, making slide shows, etc. The home page for the program is http://www.irfanview.com/

I have used this for many years and it is my goto program for making any changes to photo files.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:09 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Reposted from the B2B thread.

cfnmdude wrote:
Thanks, yes, I already have it and didn't even know! I opened it up. The new problem: when I load my video into Windows Movie Maker, I hear the sound but there is no visual, just a black screen with sound. What is that about? My video is an AVI file, do I need to change file format?

According to a little research, Movie Maker 2.1 (the version included with XP) does support .AVI files. However, AVI’s may be encoded using many different Codecs. According this Microsoft page: “Note The MPEG2 format has several codecs that are not supported by Windows Movie Maker. Even if you have downloaded and installed these codecs on your computer, files in the MPEG2 format may not work in Windows Movie Maker or may cause other problems.”

It sounds like MM has no problem with the audio codec of your video, but may be incompatible with the video codec. Hence, there being no image.

Mediainfo, is a handy, free tool that will allow you to see exactly what codecs are used by your video files, along with other info about them, such as frame and bit rates. You can down load the program here:

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

You could try converting your file into another format, but I think your best bet would be to find an alternative to Windows Movie Maker, as Kurious suggested. There are many very good alternatives. Or follow Brad’s advice and ask him how NOT to install a hacked version of AVS Video Editor. In the past I have “followed the path to darkness” and although it has been a while since I used that particular program, I remember it being fairly simple to use and capable.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:00 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

I successfully downloaded and used VSDC Free Video Editor. I think I downloaded it from the following webpage: http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor

But it can be downloaded from other links as well.

I'm a Windows XP user and a lot of video editors didn't work on my system. I didn't have any problems with VSDC Free Video Editor. VSDC has a nice slow motion feature. I'm still exploring its other features/effects.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:21 pm 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

REQUEST:

cfnmdude and I have been exchanging PMs on where to find HD quality videos of mainstream movies on the Internet. The specific video segment was a CFNM scene from Porky's Revenge, which can be seen in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67&start=150

Of note - I was able to find a CFNM video segment from the 1981 Mel Brooks movie The History of the World Part I (same post) but it took me about 30 minutes to find it.

What I do know:

1. Bing search engine - Bing has the ability to do Internet searches wherein only videos are identified (I recommend turning off SafeSearch, which prevents adult content - top right corner gear icon takes you to Settings). You can then search the Internet and it will provide search results for all videos, include YouTube, Xhamster, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc). You can then download the video in your Firefox browser using the Video DownloadHelper app, which is a free install. I was able to download to my hard drive the entire HD segment of the History of World P1 in Mp4 1280 X 544 format.

2. Netflix has various mainstream videos, but you cannot save any streaming on Netflix to your hard drive (I've attempted it using various tutorials on the web, but they simply don't work).

Request -

Does anyone know of any search techniques or sites that offer the ability to access older videos that can be streamed, or even better, downloaded? More specifically, if those video segments can be procured in HD, it allows for great vidcaps, and, greater reason to upload the HD video segments to a file sharing host.

If you can offer suggestions, please do!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:34 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Brad wrote:
REQUEST:

2. Netflix has various mainstream videos, but you cannot save any streaming on Netflix to your hard drive (I've attempted it using various tutorials on the web, but they simply don't work).

I have had "good enough for me" success in copying streaming videos from Hulu.com. The process I used should work on any streaming video you can play on your computer. I use freeware Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) from https://obsproject.com/forum/

The program's primary purpose is to broadcast video but it also has a video capture capability. In order to use that you must start the video capture then start the video playing and let both run until the video is finished. I got pretty good captures of the video with only a few places that the video appeared to have dropped some frames so it was stuck for about one second. But the audio continued in sync so for my use that was not a significant problem. The process needs a lot of resources so it is best to use as fast a computer as possible and close any background programs, such as daily virus scans, backup programs, etc, that may use CPU power or memory.

The settings are dependent some on your computer. My computer's screen resolution was set to 1366 x 768 (1.75), so I used that for OBS and changed the OBS downscaling to "none" as that seemed to use less CPU power and create a better result.

Some computers have audio software that does not allow a program to directly capture the streaming audio. Those that do have the ability for software to capture the streaming audio call that option something like "stereo mix". Be sure to set the audio source to that so it is not recording sound from the speakers. If your computer does not have that option I have seen a "work around" way to do that but it is complicated and I have never tried it. It is probably better to just use a different computer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:07 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Thanks, dh, a question: it sounds like you are recording a screen capture rather than actually downloading the video, correct?

One the drawbacks of doing that is that the quality of the video is not quite as sharp, correct? With that said, I suppose a HD screen capture of the swimming pool scene in Porky's Revenge (the scene I'm searching for) is better than a downloaded non-HD version.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:25 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

cfnmdude wrote:
Thanks, dh, a question: it sounds like you are recording a screen capture rather than actually downloading the video, correct?

One the drawbacks of doing that is that the quality of the video is not quite as sharp, correct? With that said, I suppose a HD screen capture of the swimming pool scene in Porky's Revenge (the scene I'm searching for) is better than a downloaded non-HD version.

Right, screen capture.

How good what you get depends on the quality of the original and how well your computer can capture it. The only way you will know if it is good enough for you is to try it. The quality I got was not great but good enough for me, especially because there was no other source of what I wanted. It was of a 1990's TV show so not HD quality to begin with.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:40 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

I purchased and watched Porky's Revenge on DVD, the hot swimming pool scene is here along with a link to my YouTube video:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67&p=11745#p11745

The DVD is not HD, better quality than the old VHS tapes, but not HD. If anyone has any helpful hints about how I can obtain this in HD, let me know. While the DVD quality was good, the scene gets too blurry at times.

I'm going to look into Hulu next. I would prefer downloading to screen capture. Has anyone heard of Solar Movie? This site claims to have it in HD, but they also want credit card number and I don't think it is a credible site:
https://www.solarmovie.ph/watch-porky-s ... -1985.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:58 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

I have a lot of material saved on flash drive and I want to open up space. Each file is around 40 minutes long. In some of those files, I only want to save, say, 25 minutes of material. If I could reduce some of the files to 25 minutes, I would increase my hard drive space.

I was going through my San Francisco Pride/Bay to Breakers files, taking out meaningless stuff and keeping in the CFNM material. I reduced one file to 731 MB, a second file to 992 MB, and a third file went from around 3.3 GB to 2.9 GB.

How did I do this? I loaded the file to VSDC Free Video Editor and used markers to separate material. Once the material is separated, I deleted material I didn't want to keep and then combined material I wanted to keep, creating a smaller overall file.

But then something perplexing happened. I have a 40 minute 3.56 GB file. I was able to reduce the file to about 20 minutes. After saving the reduced file, I saw that the GB actually increased, going from 3.56 GB to 5.79 GB. WTF? When I played the new file, I discovered that it is only 20 minutes long and so how could the GB space increase? Why didn't this happen to the other files? I tried doing it a second time and the same thing happened. WTF?

Brad, I wasn't sure where to post this question. Let me know if I should move it to one of the other boards.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:25 am 
Village Legend
Village Legend

Would it not be best to just spend $75 on an 1TB external drive?

Are you sure you are recoding the videos in the same resolution and frame rate? Sounds like 6gig at 20 minutes is 4K are a rediculous frame rate?

DTR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:18 am 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Would it not be best to just spend $75 on an 1TB external drive?

Thanks. I really should do this. I have about a million flash drives and have lost all semblance of organization. I was looking for one of my Pride videos, for example, and somehow it ended up on a flash drive that only has Bay to Breakers stuff. Disaster.

Are you sure you are recoding the videos in the same resolution and frame rate? Sounds like 6gig at 20 minutes is 4K are a rediculous frame rate?

I followed the same procedures as the previous ones. In the previous ones, I increased space when I excluded material, but not this time. I don't know why it would be any different.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:32 am 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

The original recording is supposed to be 720p at 60fps. I just looked at my VSDC player--it is combining files at 720p/60fps. And so it's not like I'm combining files at a higher resolution.

A question, how can I check the specific file to make sure it is indeed 720p at 60fps? I suppose it is possible that I'm combining files at a higher resolution BUT, according to the specifications of my camera, the resolution is set at 720P at 60fps. My VSDC player is set at the same level.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:48 am 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

Here's my two cents -

I've been in the same boat for years. My solution:

1) Disk space - the amount of effort that goes into your videos combined with having a rare perspective few ever have on this forum tends to make be believe that deleting video because of little disk space is like the tail wagging the dog. I just saw that Costco now sells an 8TB external hard drive. The cost is prohibitively high, but the good news is that every time they come out with a higher capacity drive, the ones with less capacity drop in price. I've seen 4TB external drives on sale at Costco for under $100.

I have several external drives and one 4TB, which I think of as the "mother ship". I use Goodsync (best sync program), which automatically allows me to quickly back up my desktop and laptops using a 3.0 USB.

Point is -- use, the hardware is an investment, but if you're spending thousands of hours traveling and shooting video, the high capacity external HD to archive all raw footage is a smart investment.

2) Video editing - Again, good video editors are expensive, not free, but in the long run worth their weight in gold -- particularly since you spend so much time with your filming. I use AVS Video Editor, which preserves the resolution and quality of the original, and allows you to edit out footage easily. It's very user friendly requiring no real editing skills. Within one edit, you can merge videos from different formats then save the end product in any format you want, inclusive of whatever resolution quality you desire.

Because I got screwed purchasing this software in the past when I got a new computer, I said fuck it, and went to Piratebay to get a free copy of the updated AVS. Yep, I'm a bad boy, but everyone on this forum have had an opportunity to download my beach vids, which were created with AVS.

If you PM me, I can make it easy for you... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:48 am 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

It just happened again with a different file. The file was 3.61 GB (40 minutes). I took out about 20 minutes of useless material. I then combined the rest and the file was going to be over 5 GB before I shut it down. This makes no sense. I'm creating smaller files and the GB increases? Fuck me.

Quote:
1) Disk space - the amount of effort that goes into your videos combined with having a rare perspective few ever have on this forum tends to make be believe that deleting video because of little disk space is like the tail wagging the dog. I just saw that Costco now sells an 8TB external hard drive. The cost is prohibitively high, but the good news is that every time they come out with a higher capacity drive, the ones with less capacity drop in price. I've seen 4TB external drives on sale at Costco for under $100.

I'm definitely going to look into this. I have a flash drive that is around 136 GB (my largest flash drive), but a 4TB is much larger, right?

The editing process is also too time consuming. If I invest in a larger drive, I don't have to waste my time opening up more space.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:51 am 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

cfnmdude wrote:
It just happened again with a different file. The file was 3.61 GB (40 minutes). I took out about 20 minutes of useless material. I then combined the rest and the file was going to be over 5 GB before I shut it down. This makes no sense. I'm creating smaller files and the GB increases? Fuck me.

Yes, it's komplakated. I know. AVS is the solution.

Btw, yes, we have an entire forum dedicated to this topic:

viewforum.php?f=33

I'll be moving this thread there after you've seen this post.