CFNM Village Discussion Forum

The Forum Where "CFNM" Originated
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:25 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Bulletin Board Codes (BBCodes) allow folks to make their posts special while also providing a number of powerful tools. The following are BBCodes that should enhance your posts. This list will continue to be amended.

To help with the basic BBcode, here's a helpful page located on the phpBB site:

Helpful BBCode Guide for phpBB Forums

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
POSTING EMBEDDED PHOTOS WITH BBCode:

WE RECOMMEND MEMBERS USE IMGBB.COM AS THE PREFERRED SHARED PHOTO HOSTING SITE.

To host photos using the free IMGBB.COM, you do NOT need to register or create an account. Just go to the website and click on "Start Uploading". It will bring up your computer folders to search for the one with the desired photo. Once found, click on the photo to upload:

Imbgg.com allows you to resize the photos for embedding in the post. This is not necessary unless your photos are larger than 1200 px wide (i.e. HUGE photos that are wider then your computer screen). It is best to resize photos at around 800 px wide, which is the width of these tutorial images. The following shows you how to do this.

Example of photo using "BBCode thumbnail link":

Example of photo using "BBCode full link":

NOTE - DUMPARUMP.COM HAS DISABLED ITS PHOTO UPLOAD CAPABILITIES. UNTIL THEN, WE ARE ENCOURAGING ALL MEMBERS TO USE IMGBB.COM AS THE PREFERRED HOSTING SITE.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:54 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

REQUEST FROM SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SINGLE IMAGE POSTINGS

We realize that we all have photos we'd like to post, but discover them at different times; hence, it is common for us to post a single image in a single post when this happens. And this is fine.

However, when we have multiple images to post, we request that they are grouped together in a single post rather than multiple posts, each with a single image. We are less concerned about this latter method when the original poster of the topic thread does it as others can simply bypass that thread and not have to navigate through the pages of posts. However, when others have started the topic thread, the latter method ends in flooding the thread.

Thank you for helping us by following this request! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:05 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Irfanview is a really nice freeware program that can resize pictures and do many other things regarding pictures.

http://www.irfanview.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:56 am 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

Here are the three sizes allowed by dumpArump.com to host hotlink thumbnail photos embedded in forum posts:

100 px:

200 px:

300 px:

The size used is a judgment call. In general, if it's just a couple or several photos, the largest size allow folks to see the content in good detail without having to click on it to get the full size, unless they want to see the full size or to save it to their hard drive. Alternatively, folks don't like to see posts where there are dozens of photos all at the largest size. And if you're posting dozens upon dozens, I recommend the smallest.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:36 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Brad, I should have made clear that I was concerned about the final size on Dumpa. When you click on my thumbnail it displays as well beyond normal PC screen size. I know that you can then easily re-size to screen if you wish by selecting the appropriate option size on the top of the pic in Dumpa - but that can be irritating. I'm just tyring to work out how to default to screen size rather than oversize.

1. To get my camera pics to the c 2Mb Dumpa link max (they are 3-4Mb) I set the quality to low in my pic manager and then have to shrink the pic size. (I seem to be taking pics 12x8" or something like that.) Thats really slow, taking me hours for just a few pics, doing it for each picture but I reckon there will be a default in the software to shrink on mass. I'll work it out!

2. My other theory is to shrink the pics to the Dumpalumk full screen display size(700/800 seems to give that) on my PC - which should also shrink the file size - then upload like that. And viewers can then make bigger if they wish. Again I'm working on how to do this. Not helped, of course, by having several bits of software that manage pictures all with different options and none that I've used used previously.

3. In essence, I'm trying to find the tradeoff of a)retaining maximum quality/pixcels or whatever b) size of image displayed so it's all on screen c) keep around c2Mb so Dumpa will allow it d) speed of edit do I can do it quickly so I can post some more without it becoming a bore.

I'll suss it out - it's about time I entered the Digital Age!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:39 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

dh92014 wrote:
Irfanview is a really nice freeware program that can resize pictures and do many other things regarding pictures.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Thanks - I'll have a look at that. I've tried a few systems already so I'm getting to that stage where I'm now confusing them! I'll have to pick one and stick with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:31 am 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

Newkidintown wrote:
Thanks Brad, I should have made clear that I was concerned about the final size on Dumpa. When you click on my thumbnail it displays as well beyond normal PC screen size. I know that you can then easily re-size to screen if you wish by selecting the appropriate option size on the top of the pic in Dumpa - but that can be irritating. I'm just tyring to work out how to default to screen size rather than oversize.

1. To get my camera pics to the c 2Mb Dumpa link max (they are 3-4Mb) I set the quality to low in my pic manager and then have to shrink the pic size. (I seem to be taking pics 12x8" or something like that.) Thats really slow, taking me hours for just a few pics, doing it for each picture but I reckon there will be a default in the software to shrink on mass. I'll work it out!

2. My other theory is to shrink the pics to the Dumpalumk full screen display size(700/800 seems to give that) on my PC - which should also shrink the file size - then upload like that. And viewers can then make bigger if they wish. Again I'm working on how to do this. Not helped, of course, by having several bits of software that manage pictures all with different options and none that I've used used previously.

3. In essence, I'm trying to find the tradeoff of a)retaining maximum quality/pixcels or whatever b) size of image displayed so it's all on screen c) keep around c2Mb so Dumpa will allow it d) speed of edit do I can do it quickly so I can post some more without it becoming a bore.

I'll suss it out - it's about time I entered the Digital Age!

The challenge isn't with Dumpa or any other file host, it's the original's image size. I'm not a real techno-savvy guy in this, but the first thing to look at is the size of the file. Anything over 1 mb will be a large photo on your screen. Most digital cameras have settings which can get up to 5 mb, which is fine if you want high quality for printing, or, to zoom in to details while retaining good quality.

The program previously mention will help. But also look at photo size insofar as pixel width and height. I put the settings in the admin function to deny photos over (I think) about 1600 pixels as it pushes the forum borders of the post off the screen. Photoshop has an an image size feature which allows you to re-save the photo with desired pixel width/height, or alternatively, in inches for documents.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:18 pm 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

Media Player Classic

Media Player Classic is a free video playing application. It allows you to capture video thumbnails and screenshots such that you can then use the captured .jpg in your posts.

Here is the download:

https://mpc-hc.org/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:07 am 
Newly Registered User

Ok this makes a lot of sense, thank you!